Wednesday, January 19, 2011

i'm not a runner... well, i wasn't

As each semester goes by, I find myself getting too busy and too lazy to get my butt to the gym. Next thing I know, its been almost a month since my last visit and I definitely feel the difference the next time I work out. Well, NOT ANYMORE! I realized the only way to stay motivated was to set a goal for myself so I've decided to run a 5K. 

For a non-runner like me, let me just say it actually involves a considerable amount of dediaction to train for one of theses which keeps me in the gym at least 3 times a week. Quino's also keeping me pretty motivated seeing as he can pretty much run circles around me when we work out now. Hopefully I'll be able to keep up with him by the end of this whole thing.

Anyway, this is week 3 of training for me and I feel great! I have 6 weeks left until the Karhu 5K on Miami Beach. It starts at 6:30am so I have no earthly idea how I'm going to wake up for that but I paid for it already so NO EXCUSES. I'm finishing the damn thing if it kills me, which it probably won't because its only 3.1 miles but whatever. I'm hoping to finish it in about half an hour (a stretch because I'm currently only doing about a 15 minute mile) but thats what all this training is for. And who knows, maybe I'll be running a 10K by the summer! 

Here's hoping :)

No comments:

Post a Comment