Monday, July 18, 2011

maxi-mum impact

I'm short, it's true but I've actually grown to love this about myself over the years. It has, however, made finding the perfect maxi dress pretty difficult this summer. Sure, I could have gotten a regular maxi and had it tailored. That's what I planned on doing until I found this coral beauty at H&M last weekend. It's the perfect length, doesn't drag on the floor and the color screams summer. I wore it this weekend for an outing to S'MAC (a restaurant in the East Village whose menu consists solely of mac and cheese) and a walk down 5th Avenue (pit stops at Henry Bendel and FAO Schwarz). The sheen of the fabric made it a bit dressy for day so I did my best to dress it down with a rope belt, bronze jewelry, sandals and a big bag.
H&M dress and belt, Kenneth Cole bag, Ray Ban sunglasses, Michael Kors sandals, Essie "Cute as a Button" nail polish, Thrifted necklace and cuff
 Here are a few other pictures from the afternoon:
{Our glorious mac and cheese sample platter -- they were all amazing but 4 cheese, cheeseburger and alpine were among the tastiest}
{All gone just a few minutes later}
 Stay tuned for more New York posts!
Only 3 and a half weeks left before I'm home so I'll be sure to make them count.

No comments:

Post a Comment