Sunday, February 24, 2013

simple switch: coat "diy"

Ok, so this was SUPPOSED to be a DIY. I say supposed to with absolute best intentions of doing this myself. But upon realizing how intricately a coat is built, I took my little project to my tailor. Yes, I have a tailor. Yes, you should get one too. But that's another story for another time.

Back to my "DIY". I've had this coat for a while now and thought it needed some refreshing. It fits fabulously but I always felt like the buttons dated it a bit. I've been obsessed with J.Crew and the gold buttons on their bright coats for ages. I knew I wasn't going to get rid of a perfectly good coat though so instead of trading this one in, I decided to be J.Crew inspired in reinventing a piece I already owned.
{before - you can barely even notice the buttons at all}

After hearing friends rave about M&J Trimming on 6th, I decided to head up in search of some gold buttons. Boy, was I in over my head. I must have spent the better part of an hour pulling and comparing buttons until I finally found the perfect ones.
{these were love at first sight}
 
I had my tailor put these on, which only cost $2 per button and picked up my coat later that night. I must say, I'm pretty obsessed with it. It completely changes the look of the coat and makes it feel so current.
 {the new details really pop now}

No comments:

Post a Comment