Saturday, March 2, 2013

spring in bloom

{spring in central park... i can't wait to see the cherry blossoms in bloom}

As much as I've felt like this winter has been never ending, March crept up on me pretty quickly. There's even a faint sense of Spring in the air today and I'm loving it. It's only 45 degrees (a frozen tundra by Miami standards) but the sun is out and it's a beautiful thing. I even managed to get away with a light jacket over a silk blouse today. After months full of nothing but sweaters, scarves and heavy coats, this outfit seems like a huge step forward.

Spring doesn't officially start until March 20th but I've been saving the things on this list for the warmer weather and can't wait to start crossing things off soon.

  • Head to the Brooklyn Flea: As mentioned in this post, it's one of my favorite ways to spend a weekend morning. That is, if I'm not heading to a bottomless brunch.
  • Take a Hike: I haven't spent more than 10 minutes outside at a time since November. I'm hoping to do some light hiking just outside the city sometime in April.
  • Lunch in the Park: To reiterate the point above, I've missed sitting out in Madison Square Park (just across the street from my office) and enjoying the sun on my lunch break. 
  • Wear More White: You can take the girl out of Miami but you can't take Miami out of the girl. I'm unnaturally obsessed with my various pairs of white denim and linen pants. I can't wait to bring them out for the first time in months.
  • Pastel Polish: Just like the white pants, I'm sure I could get away with this during the winter but it just doesn't feel as right as pulling out a soft purple polish in the spring. Essie's "Lilacism", one of my personal favorites, is first on my list.

No comments:

Post a Comment