Saturday, February 5, 2011

sweet thing

I discovered my obsession with banana nut muffins a few months ago when I was looking for a snack at the c-store on campus. Once I took my first bite, I was hooked. Curious to find out if they were easy to make at home, I looked them up on the Food Network website, found a recipe by Tyler Florence and decide to make them. 

Let me just start off by saying that the most difficult part of this recipe is waiting a week to let the bananas get ripe, especially in a house where we eat them all the time. Once the bananas are ready though, everything else is a piece of cake. A little bit of this, a little bit of that, pop them in the oven for 20 min and they're good to go. I do swap the pecans the recipe calls for walnuts, but thats pretty much all I change.

Here are some pictures of a few of the steps and one of the the scrumptious finished product:
{bananas and sugar... I could eat this as is}
{chopped walnuts... some for inside the muffins, some for an extra special pretty topping}
{a stick and a half of melted butter makes these muffins not as good for you as the name makes them sound but boy, does it make them delish}
{an ice-cream scoop makes perfect sized muffins every time}
{a decorative little sprinkle of walnuts on top}
{the gorgeous finished product... they flew in less than 2 days haha}
As usual, I can't do anything in the kitchen without music playing so heres a little taste of my muffin playlist

john mayer-heart of life
norah jones- come away with me
dave matthews band- if i had it all
ingrid michaelson- the way i am
michael buble-home

bon appetit! 

No comments:

Post a Comment