Thursday, June 16, 2011

snippets of the city

New York City life has been nothing short of a whirlwind. There's always something to do or something to see and I'm loving every minute of it. I do have a confession to make though, I haven't been taking my camera around as often as I expected. Shameful, I know but I made sure to take a few pictures with my phone. The quality may not be as nice but thanks to my new picplz app, I got to use all these cool effects to make them a bit more fun.
As for the city, it’s a total foodie-fashionista's dream. Amidst bites of famously delicious pizza and to-die-for sweet treats, I keep stumbling on (or often purposely looking for) fabulous fashion at amazing prices. Case in point, Friday's visit to the BCBG store on 5th Avenue. With 60% off a lot of their amazing styles, it was too good to pass up! I left giddy with excitement over my finds and then met up with Clarissa in SoHo for some mid-afternoon coffee and gossip.
Most recently, I sampled some of New York’s finest (pizza that is). Quino and I took a short walk to Grimaldi’s and had to stand in line for 20 minutes but it was totally worth it! Their pizza had a nice thin but doughy crust. The tomato sauce was divine, definitely not your typical marinara and the ewy gooey globs of fresh mozzarella were the perfect finishing touch.
{our huge pie}
{beautiful gobs of cheese, torn basil and luscious tomato sauce}
{the cheese dripping... that's how you know its good!}

Hope to share more New York antics soon! 
Until then, I'll leave you with a few little snapshots of this fabulous city!
 {quino's amazing view - I'm so jealous he gets to wake up to this every morning}
{the same view but this time it was pouring all afternoon. i'm amazed that you can barely even see the bridge, let alone the empire state building}
{i love that i get this steamy view from my desk at work all day. gotta love don draper}
{the wonderful mini cannoli i had after lunch last week}
{funny little note someone wrote on the subway directory}

No comments:

Post a Comment