Tuesday, June 21, 2011

wandering for the weekend

The way Friday was going, I was really worried that we would have yet another rainy weekend in the city. Thankfully, it cleared up and left us with some gorgeous weather on Saturday and Sunday. Here's a little breakdown of how my wonderful weekend panned out: 
Still waiting for my rain boots to arrive from home, I threw on my favorite wedged platforms for a Friday night dinner to keep me at least an inch above any puddles. I also happily debuted my H&M trench (a total steal at $35) and headed out in spite of the less than appealing weather. We decided on a second visit to Bar Tabac on Smith St. after a fantastic experience there a few weeks ago. Quino and I shared the hanger steak with mushroom risotto the last time and enjoyed it so much we each got our own this time around. The meal definitely didn't disappoint and neither does the atmosphere at Bar Tabac. It's pretty loud, I'm not gonna lie but it somehow manages to be intimate and cozy. It must be the lighting.
We spent the better part of Saturday wandering around Union Square. Between stops at Strand and Baked by Melissa, we browsed the extensive farmer's market. I ended up not taking anything home with the exception of a few great pictures.
 {to-go treats from baked by melissa including s'more, chocolate chip pancake, tie-dye and of course, red velvet}
 {the rare book room at Strand... i'm pretty sure i wasn't supposed to take this but i couldn't resist}
{another snapshot of strand... i love this bust, book and typewriter decorative combo}
As for Sunday, Quino and I  went on a little adventure uptown to Central Park. We started out in Columbus Circle and somehow ended up on the Upper East Side right in front of the Plaza. I guess that's part of the beauty of this enormous park, you never really know where you're gonna end up. That's fine by me though, I'm all for getting lost for an afternoon.
{columbus circle}
 {entrance at of the gorgeous Plaza Hotel}

No comments:

Post a Comment