Wednesday, June 29, 2011

all about the little things

In such a crazy and overwhelming city, sometimes its nice to just take a step back and savor the little things. Here are a few of the simple pleasures putting a smile on my face these days:
Flowers I bought in the subway on my way home from work. I put them in a vase I "upcycled" from a jar of tomato sauce we used to make dinner a few times last week.
This fabulous quilted bag I scored at the BCBG sale I mentioned a few weeks ago. I love that it quickly changes from a midsized shoulder bag to a slightly-oversized cross-body.
My new Tarte eye shadow palette, along with a few other new beauty finds. Currently, I'm obsessing over this Revlon lip stain. It's a total keeper since the color lasted through dinner. Also on my list, L'Oreal's Telescopic mascara. The little round-tipped brush makes it great for getting mascara on my bottom lashes.
Things I didn't photograph but that are still making me smile:
-My Restaurant Excel List: I finally put my hyper-organized Virgo spin on restaurants I'm desperate to try while I'm here. It's still a work in progress, but at least it's organized.
-Hunger Games: I finally started this book yesterday and have been tearing through it ever since.

No comments:

Post a Comment