Tuesday, February 21, 2012

food & wine

My love for food and wine honestly seems infinite. I'm always discovering new foods and flavor combinations, then wine just puts the icing on the cake.
The annual SoBe Food & Wine festival is the perfect meeting of these two things and while I've always wanted to go, ticket prices for the events definitely aren't college student friendly. Luckily, I got an invite for a Food & Wine preview event this past weekend so I did get in on a little bit of the action. 
Take a look:


   
1. Food & Wine logo ; 2. Wine tasting paired with lemon and manchego cheese ; 3. Hugh Acheson from Top Chef ; 4. Hugh's Carrot, Beet and Feta Salad ; 5. Ben Roche making us ice cream using liquid nitrogen ; 6. Ben's Coconut Habinero Ice Cream paired with a S'mores Bomb ; 7. Michael Psilakis making meatballs 3 ways ; 8. Michael's Braised Beef and Pork Meatballs

Can you say amazing? Each bite of food was better than the last but left me craving a visit to the big shows this weekend (brunch with Paula Dean, an interactive lunch with Ann Burrell and parties with Geoffery Zakarian... I wish)

Anyone want to treat me to tickets for next year? ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment