Tuesday, May 3, 2011

beauty product explosion

I'm sure it's no surprise that I love playing with makeup. The idea that you can just put a few things on and change your entire look has always fascinated me. 
The bomb scene of beauty products seen here is what happened to my vanity this past weekend in preparation for a night out at UVA. Though my typical makeup routine consists simply of concealer, eyeliner and mascara, I pulled out all the stops, and all the products in my arsenal for that nights escapades. I clearly had too much time on my hands, but I used everything seen here (and even a few other things I ended up pulling out later). 

My Essentials for a Night Out:
Smashbox Limitless Eyeliner (both the felt-tip pen and the pencil) - this stuff DOES NOT budge. period.
Kat Von D True Romance Eyeshadow Palette in Ludwig - the perfect combination of colors for any occasion
Smashbox Fusion Soft Lights in Intermix - bronzer and blush in one palette? sold!
Benefit Stay Don't Stray Eyeshadow Primer - to make sure your beautifully blended shadows don't go anywhere all night
Vincent Longo Lip Stain in My Sunshine - I'm not the biggest fan of lipsticks so I love that this lip tint makes me feel like I have nothing on while looking like I just drank red wine
CoverGirl Lashblast Fusion - I have scoured beauty counters the world over and despite having spent way too much money on some insanely overpriced mascaras, I swear by this stuff. I always opt for the waterproof kind though, I have a tendency to laugh so hard I cry

But an hour spent primping is a total bore without the perfect get-pumped playlist. I had Lupe Fiasco's "The Show Goes On" practically playing on repeat that night along with some Britney and the new Jennifer Lopez song, "On The Floor". 
Now back to a failed attempt at studying for tomorrow's finals! How many days til the freedom of summer?

No comments:

Post a Comment