Tuesday, May 24, 2011

in a new york state of mind

For those of you who don’t already know, by some serendipitous turn of events, Quino and I both ended up with internships in New York City this summer... at the same time. Needless to say, I'm counting my blessings but more than anything I'm excited beyond belief!


We leave a week from today and I have a to do list a mile long. One list I am looking forward to doing work on though is my New York list. I haven't been to the city in ages and I've been making a mental list for years for all the things I want to do while I'm there. Now that I know I'll be spending an entire 10 WEEKS there this summer, this list is hitting paper (or at least my computer).
Quino and I started working on it a few weeks ago and it’s getting so long I'm not sure we'll be able to do it all. While our list is shared, he seems to be naming off all of the sights we should see while I just keep naming off places I’m dying to eat at. Clearly we complement each other well.
It would take far too long to include our entire list on this post, here are some of the things I'm most looking forward to:
 
Eatalyif heaven was full of gourmet Italian food (which it probably is), this would be it
Henri Bendelif Eataly is food heaven, Bendel’s is fashion heaven
Baked by Melissaspecialty cupcakes with my name (albeit spelled differently) in the title, count me in
Picnic in Central Parkyes, this is absurdly cliché, but I don’t care… I’m doing it anyway.
Also on my New York list, random things that will probably never happen but I still hope will:
Get into the Cash Cab
Meet Bethanny Frankel
While going through this list, I will undoubtedly be taking pictures of EVERYTHING so stay tuned! If you have any suggestions of things to add to, send them my way. Now I'm back to doing piles and piles of laundry and attempting to pack 10 weeks worth of clothes into 2 suitcases. 
This should be interesting...

No comments:

Post a Comment