While some may find the number taboo or seem to bring bad luck, 13 is my lucky number and I'm hoping this year is a lucky one too.
Only 4 days into 2013 and I've spent time with loved ones, scored an amazing deal on new winter coat and gotten a free upgrade to first class on my flight back to New York. Seems this year is already off to a fantastic start!
Looking back on 2012 and last year's list, I'm pretty proud of what I accomplished. I may not have posted on my blog every week or even worked out every week for that matter but I graduated college, started my dream job and took one hell of a leap of faith (moved to New York City, after all). I also learned to relax a little more, I read some amazing books (I'm working on Tom Wolfe's "Back to Blood" now) and have been cooking up a storm of new recipes.
In this new year, I want to keep things simple. Sure, my resolutions include ways to improve myself but I also want them to serve as reminders to take time to enjoy life more.
- Do New York - I moved to this city for a reason but feel like I haven't exactly been taking advantage of all it has to offer.
- Adopt a Kitten - I've been dying to get one for months and I think January will finally be the month I cave.
- Throw a Spectacular Dinner Party
- Take Care of a Plant - Despite my multitude of domestic skills, I can't seem to keep a plant alive for more than a month.
- Experiment More with Clothes and Beauty - I'm constantly pinning outfit ideas, hair styles and makeup tricks but usually stick to my tried and true favorites.
- Try New Foods
- Take More Pictures - No, not with my iPhone, with my DSLR. I've been neglecting it lately.
- Wear More Heels - It's not like I dont have a ton but since commuting in New York requires quite a bit of walking, I opt for flats more often than not.
- Plan a Few Weekend Getaways - Boston, Chicago and DC are on my short list
- Catch Up with Old Friends and Make New Ones
- Send Some Snail Mail - There are few things as simple and satisfying as getting a nice card in the mail. This year, I want to send a few.
- Less is More - My wardrobe is constantly evolving. I know I won't stop shopping completely so this year, I've decided to focus on spending my money on quality pieces I can't live without.
- Find a Workout Schedule I Can Stick To - With my unpredictable work schedule, it seems like morning workouts are going to be a must. Hello, 6am.
What are you looking forward to doing in 2013?